Thursday 4 October 2012

The first mile

Wow, after 10 days off running, I have managed to run a mile. Its not much but its a start. By god it felt good to get out again to simply stick one foot in front of the other even though it was only a mile. After being in bed for a week with a near death experience they call tonsillitis, okay maybe not near death but it was tonsillitis and it did stop me in my tracks as my mum would say. During this time I did do alot, no a heck of a lot off reading and one thing I spent several days and nights reading about was a style of training called "Hadd Base training" and I decided to give it a go because a fair few people said its a good source of motivation when you see yourself steadily getting better all the time. So today I decided to start as I mean to go on as they say and so as a modest start I did the following run:
Distance:    1mile
Total Time: 8:43
Ave HR:129
Max HR: 142
Beats/mile: 1142
Hopefully over the next few months I'll be able to lower that pace for the same heart rate (effort level) therefore becoming more efficient and better at racing. Please feel free to comment below on this, post, blog or anything you think may be of interest, thanks for reading by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment