Thursday 1 January 2015

New year Day.

New years resolutions.
I'm not normally one for this "new year: new me" stuff but this year I have genuinely felt the need to change things because well I dont see the point working hard in trainings runs if I'm just going to cancel it out in other ways.
Things like:

Alcohol- drinking way to much so frankly need to cut it out.

Sleep- pattern is not existent so a regular 8hours would be a big improvement with recovery time an qaulity.

Diet- was eating alot of the wrong foods so going to cut back on processed food and also cut down on the wheat. Basically going to be more mindfull of what I consume.

Fluids- less tea and coffee ect and more water.

So with all this in mind I've been very motivated on my first run of the Year knowing I'm not going to undo any benefit.

Whilst I am a long way off being 100% race fit we all have to start somewhere.

Distance: 4.36 mile
Time: 31:41
Pace: 7:16/mile
Effort: roughly what I feel I could run a marathon at the moment.
Weather: strong winds and slightly spitting.
Motivation: 10/10

Diet:
Breakfast: 50g shredded wheat + skimmed milk.
Lunch: 100g green lentils
Dinner: beef and vegetables slow cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment